The aim of this article is to highlight any additions, deletions and other changes to the product use rights document for July 2011.
The following products were added:
- Lync® for Mac 2011
- Commerce Server 2009 R2 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010 – Windows® Live Edition
The following products were deleted:
- Commerce Server 2009 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Communicator for Mac 2011
- Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007 – Windows® Live Edition
- Live Meeting Standard and Professional
- Microsoft® Exchange Hosted Archive
- Virtual Server 2005® R2 Standard and Enterprise Editions
- Windows® Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
Microsoft® also added some Software Assurance Benefits:
- License Mobility through Software Assurance (Certain server licenses purchased through Volume Licensing can be transferred to third party shared servers)
- Windows® Thin PC (Converts existing PCs to thin clients)
Clarifications and other changes:
- Windows 7®: Remote Desktop rights allow access to a session by any of your devices assigned an active Windows® Virtual Desktop Access subscription license.
- Windows SBS® 2011 Premium Add-on Rights:Allow use of the software in an SBS 2008® domain, so long as users accessing the software have the required Windows SBS® 2011 and Windows SBS® 2011 Premium Add-on CALs.