Microsoft® Enterprise Licensing Bootcamp (MSIL24)
Procurement Officers, Software Asset Managers, Licensing Specialists
No preparation is required but it would be helpful to have a basic understanding of Microsoft® licensing.
- The Microsoft® Enterprise Licensing Boot Camp demystifies Microsoft® licensing programs and rules. You get the information and knowledge you need to intelligently evaluate your Microsoft® licensing options and maximize the return on your software investments.
- The workshop also provides you with a clear understanding of how Microsoft® licenses its products and the associated Product Use Rights.
- Define a process to identify your licensing requirements
- Choose an appropriate licensing solution
- Evaluate the value of additional enrollments available
- Evaluate the value of the Software Assurance Benefits
- Understand the administrative processes
- Apply Microsoft® Product Use Rights
- Licensing the Core Infrastructure
- Licensing the Business Productivity Infrastructure
- Licensing the Application Platform
- Synopsis of ‘solution sales’ training
- The real meaning of business value
- The importance of starting the negotiation at the right time
- The best person to negotiate with in the Vendor organization
Document your requirements
- Evaluate your purchasing process
- Analyze your expected growth, hardware refresh cycle and geographic scope
- Identify your budget requirements and payment options.
- Evaluate the gap between the current and preferred technology solution.
- Determine the required products for your preferred technology solution. (Roadmap)
Choose an appropriate licensing solution
- Build a business case for each of the licensing solutions available to you (Select Plus, Enterprise Agreement and Enterprise Agreement Subscription)
- Cost benefit of each of the licensing solutions.
- Benefits and limitations of each of the licensing solutions.
Evaluate the value of additional enrollments available
- Enrollment for Core Infrastructure
- Enrollment for Application Platform
- Adding Microsoft® Professional Services
Evaluate the value of the Software Assurance Benefits
- Overview of the benefits available
- Maximize the value SA benefits
Understand the administrative processes
- Documents required
- Negotiating the agreement
- Terms and Conditions
Apply Microsoft® Product Use Rights
- How to use the Product Use Rights Document (PUR)
- Licensing options (Per device, Per Server, Server / CAL, Per Processor, External Connector)
- Licensing the Core Infrastructure (Desktop, Server, Virtualized, Systems Management – Systems Center, Security - Forefront
- Licensing the Business Productivity Infrastructure (Office, Exchange, SharePoint®, Lync®, Project)
- Licensing the Application Platform (Visual Studio®, SQL Server®, BizTalk® Server)